Corporate Office: 1869 Techny Road, Northbrook Illinois 850 West Pershing, Chicago, Illinois FAX: 847.205.9157
Position: Service Leader (Suburbs)
Seeking Service Leader to supervise maintenance and enhancement crews, work closely with Account Executives and Regional VP. Manage on-site, all aspects of installation and maintenance including: coordinating and managing subcontractors, quality control and training.
- Fill out reports, as specifications require
- Oversee horticultural related concerns on maintenance
- Identify issues with Irrigation System
- Assist in planning, organizing, directing and coordinating the services of maintenance and installation
- Perform snow removal and ice control during the snow season
2 or 4 year Landscapes related degree, 2 or 4 year general degree with coursework in the landscape field or certification by a landscapes association; or equivalent industry experience, with or without a degree.
Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience in horticultural or related industry. Must be able to acquire a pesticide spray license Arborist certification is a plus. Proficient in Spanish is a plus.
Ability to use a variety of landscape equipment, computer programs, including Excel, Word, and estimating. Good knowledge of plant material, diseases, insect, chemical, spray, and irrigation.
Complete Job Description:
Position Summary: “To create, enhance and preserve our client’s landscape investments by providing professional services through highly qualified and dependable people.”
Service Leader is responsible for leading foreman and laborers in a geographical area or specific contract, while achieving revenue and profit Goals for the company
1. Customer Service
- Client satisfaction (Internal and External)
- Act as on-site Leader
- Work on design concepts, assist with estimates, and/or take-offs, etc
- Manage on-site, all aspects of installation and maintenance including: assisting Maintenance Operations Manager in coordinating and managing subcontractors, traffic control, quality control, client liaison and safety inspections
- Manage off-site, all aspects of contract fulfillment
- Fill out reports, as specifications require
- Oversee horticultural related concerns on maintenance and construction projects including:
- Plant maintenance
- Flower/color display
- Employee training
- Irrigation System Maintenance
- Pesticide Applications
- Assist in planning, organizing, directing and coordinating the services of maintenance and installation with the responsibility of meeting and/or exceeding project profitability goals and meeting Company Goals and Objectives.
- Develops plans for the efficient use of materials, equipment and employees to deliver great customer service.
- Ensures foreman, are at job site at 7am and will spot check accordingly.
- Service Leader should walk through each property no less than weekly.
- Assist in planning, organizing, directing and coordinating the services of maintenance and installation within budgetary constraints following Moore Landscapes’ Core Ideology and Values
- Performs Daily wrap-up calls with foreman to ensure the day’s activities were performed successfully and to develop plan if not met.
- Review maintenance routing, work habits and unit pricing a minimum of once a month to ensure efficiencies, equipment needs and employee needs are being met. Seasonal spikes occur and they need to route accordingly.
- Develop long-term relationships with employees.
- Inspect what you expect on properties to monitor foreman’s performance and overall job quality.
- Works with direct report for additional sales opportunities identified with existing customers.
- Identifies new business opportunities and works with them on estimating, presentations and pricing to win new business.
- Same day reporting of all accidents and injuries.
- Performs snow removal and ice control during the snow season.
- Perform other duties as requested by Maintenance Operations Manager.
2. Employee and Safety Management
- Assist with employee hiring, development, delegating responsibility, motivating, evaluation, discipline, layoff, recall and termination.
- Ensure your foreman fill out time sheets correctly and deliver in a timely manner in accordance to deadlines established by the Northbrook office.
- Monitor and supply the proper tools, equipment and safety for the Foreman and laborers as necessary
- Ensures proper paperwork is completed for all personnel changes, hires and layoffs.
- Conducts Safety and Technical workshops for all their employees.
- Oversee, monitor, and provide guidance in the training provided by Foreman for laborers.
- Implement and enforce policies and procedures as issued by management.
- Conducts Foreman spring start-up and fall shut-down tool inventory list.
3. Financial and Accounting Related Responsibility
- Responsible for project financial conditions as they contribute to company profitability, quality and customer satisfaction.
- Assist in customer renewals.
- Ensures all contracts are being executed correctly
- Assist with controlling or reducing operating expenses.
- Assist in equipment and vehicle maintenance on a proactive basis.
High School Diploma or GED. 2 or 4 year Landscaping related degree, 2 or 4 year general degree with coursework in the landscape field or certification by a landscapes association; or equivalent industry experience, with or without a degree.
Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience in horticultural or related industry.
Must be able to:
- Evaluates performance, makes salary recommendations, and administers disciplinary actions consistent with company policy.
- Manage multiple projects, deadlines and demands.
- Resolve problems while keeping in mind the best interest of the company, customer, and employees.
- Communicate clearly, comfortably, and effectively with all customers, team members, and management.
- Prioritize and plan work to maximize efficiency.
- Work with numbers well.
- Complete paperwork accurately and timely.
- Do any of the following for an extended period of time:
- Field work as directed
- Proficient in the use a variety of landscape equipment.
- Able to drive all company vehicles (if necessary be able to obtain CDL class A)
- Proficient in various computer programs, including Excel, Word, Estimating, and Job Cost systems.
- Good knowledge of plant material, diseases, insect, chemical, spray, irrigation
- Proficient in Spanish would be a plus.
- Become a Licensed Pesticide Operator
- Become a Certified Landscape Technician (Maintenance) through ILCA
- Obtain an IL “C” Class driver’s license
- Reasoning Skills
- Time Management
- Integrity and Respect