Corporate Office: 1869 Techny Road, Northbrook Illinois 850 West Pershing, Chicago, Illinois FAX: 847.205.9157
Position: Maintenance Crew Member
Position Summary: The position of Crew Member (Maintenance Helper) works at the direction of the crew Foreman, supporting and executing all tasks assigned to them. These tasks include, but are not limited to: raking, mowing, edging, planting, watering, soil cultivation, loading and unloading of equipment from trucks and trailers, sweeping, operating power equipment, debris/trash removal and various other tasks to satisfy contracted service requirements for clients.
- Starting Pay: $10.00 – $12.00
- Uniforms Included
Core Tasks and Responsibilities:
Completes Landscape tasks as assigned in a manner instructed by the Foreman, which include but are not limited to:
- Completes landscape maintenance duties, such a mowing, fertilizer application, weed control, aeration, spring clean-up, fall clean-up, trimming and pruning.
- Completes landscape enhancement projects such as mulch application, plantings, top soil application, lawn seeding.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment, including worksite and equipment.
- Completes the job in the most time-efficient manner meeting the company productivity targets.
- Operates a variety of mechanical equipment including but not limited to bed edgers, commercial mowers, push mowers, blowers, weed whips, and hedgers.
- If approved as a driver, safely operates vehicles such as trucks and trailer combinations.
- May assist the Foreman with communication with clients by answering questions, and ensuring the client is satisfied throughout the project. Communicates clients’ concerns to the Foreman or Management.
- May assist the Foreman with route and job organization, ensuring that sufficient resources and materials are available.
- Cares for equipment and notifies Foreman/management of needed repairs.
- Reports to the assigned jobsite or company yard at the scheduled time.
- Observes all project safety practices at all times.
The work environment characteristics are typical to exterior/outdoor conditions. Typical work week will be Monday-Friday 7a.m. to 4:00p.m., with the possibility of some weekend work or overtime. Consistent and regular attendance is required.
- Must be at least 17 years of age at time of employment.
- Physical Requirements:
- Walk (often on uneven surfaces)
- Standing for extended periods of time during a standard 8 hour shift
- Bending at waist and neck
- Twisting at the waist and neck
- Hand grasping
- Lifting up to up to 50 lbs (will have assistance for approximately 50lbs or more)
- Carrying up to 50lbs (depending on distance to carry may require assistance over 35lbs)
- Pushing & pulling
- Reaching above and below shoulder
- Climbing (project dependent)
- Ability to learn how to operate commercial power equipment and use it on a daily basis.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Ability to effectively communicate with foreman and coworkers to understand, take direction and safely perform assigned duties