Corporate Office: 1869 Techny Road, Northbrook Illinois 850 West Pershing, Chicago, Illinois FAX: 847.205.9157
Position: Landscape Construction Crew Member
Position Summary: The position of Construction Crew Member works at the direction of the crew Foreman, supporting and executing all tasks assigned to them. These tasks include, but are not limited to: proper installation of softscapes and hardscapes including but not limited to: edging, fabric, trees, plants, rock, drainage, sod, patios, retaining walls and various other tasks to satisfy contracted service requirements for clients.
- Starting Pay: $14.36
- Health Insurance Included
- Uniforms Included
Core Tasks and Responsibilities:
Completes Landscape tasks as assigned in a manner instructed by the Foreman, which include but are not limited to:
- Follow Construction Foreman’s directions to assist in landscape installations
- Knowledge of various landscape materials and equipment
- Perform loading of equipment and materials
- Communicate with Foreman on job progress and material needs
- Follow all safety procedures while producing timely and quality job production
- Maintain open communication with Foreman on any infield changes or job complications
- Perform safe loading and transportation of equipment/materials and operation/construction processes
- Cares for equipment and notifies Foreman/management of needed repairs.
- Reports to the assigned jobsite or company yard at the scheduled time.
- Observes all project safety practices at all times.
- Willing to learn proper methods of installation and technical operating skills
- Uphold company policy according to company handbook
The work environment characteristics are typical to exterior/outdoor conditions. Typical work week will be Monday-Friday 7a.m. to 4:00p.m., with the possibility of some weekend work or overtime. Consistent and regular attendance is required.
- Must be at least 17 years of age at time of employment.
- Physical Requirements:
- Walk (often on uneven surfaces)
- Standing for extended periods of time during a standard 8 hour shift
- Bending at waist and neck
- Twisting at the waist and neck
- Hand grasping
- Lifting up to up to 50 lbs (will have assistance for approximately 50lbs or more)
- Carrying up to 50lbs (depending on distance to carry may require assistance over 35lbs)
- Pushing & pulling
- Reaching above and below shoulder
- Climbing (project dependent)
- Ability to learn how to operate commercial power equipment and use it on a daily basis.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Ability to effectively communicate with foreman and coworkers to understand, take direction and safely perform assigned duties