Corporate Office: 1869 Techny Road, Northbrook Illinois 850 West Pershing, Chicago, Illinois FAX: 847.205.9157
Position Summary: “To create, enhance and preserve our client’s landscape investments by providing professional services through highly qualified and dependable people.”
Account Executive is responsible in directing Service Leaders, Team leaders and laborers in a geographical area, while achieving profit Goals for the company and consistently improving market share.
Core Tasks: % of Time
1. Customer Service 65%
• Client satisfaction (Internal and External)
• Act as on-site Leader/Arborist
1. Work on design concepts, generate estimates, and/or take-offs, etc.
2. Assist in plant procurement and delivery with purchaser.
3. Manage on-site, all aspects of enhancements and maintenance. including: assisting RVP in coordinating and managing subcontractors, traffic control, quality control and client liaison,
4. Manage off-site, all aspects of contract fulfillment.
5. Fill out reports, as specifications require.
• Oversee horticultural related concerns on all maintenance including: Plant maintenance, Flower/color display, Employee training, Irrigation System Maintenance
• Assist in planning, organizing, directing and coordinating the services of maintenance and extras with the responsibility of meeting and/or exceeding project profitability goals and meeting Company Goals and Objectives.
• Develops plans for the efficient use of materials, equipment and employees to deliver great customer service.
• Communicates on a proactive and timely basis with customers regarding their properties. Account Executive should walk through each property no less than twice a month to ensure service quality and opportunities for revenue.
• Create/Review and submit in a timely manner all Horticulture, Arborists and daily reports necessary to fulfill contract requirements.
• Ensures all work deadlines are met.
• Performs daily wrap-up calls with team leaders to ensure the day’s activities were performed successfully and to develop plan if not met.
• Review maintenance routing, work habits and unit pricing a minimum of once a month to ensure efficiencies, equipment needs and employee needs are being met. Seasonal spikes occur and they need to route accordingly.
• Develop long-term relationships with employees.
• Inspect what you expect on properties to monitor Service Leaders, Team Leaders and Laborers performance and overall job quality.
• Same day reporting and continued follow through with HR Manager on all accidents, injuries and workman’s compensation claims.
• Review and understand Union Contracts.
• Assist / perform snow removal and ice control during the snow season if required.
• Perform other duties as requested by Moore.
2. Employee and Safety Management 15%
• Accountable for the information in the Handbook for Service Leaders, Team Leaders and Laborers.
• Ensure your Team Leader(s) fill out time sheets correctly and deliver in a timely manner in accordance to deadlines established by Administration.
• Ensures proper paperwork is completed for all personnel changes, hires and layoffs.
• Oversee, monitor, and provide guidance in the training provided by Service Leaders, Team Leaders and laborers.
• Implement and enforce policies and procedures as issued by management
• Instructs Service Leader(s) during Team Leader’s spring start-up and fall shut-down tool inventory list and equipment with mechanics.
• Communicate with, counsel, train, discipline, review, evaluate, layoff, recall and develop growth plan for employees
• Enforce proper safety equipment and uniform use.
3. Sales and Estimating 10%
• Identify and follow through on all extra opportunities with existing customers. Goal is 1.50 of total base maintenance amount under your umbrella.
• Sells extras at a minimum of 15% profit levels.
• Works with RVP, VP of Maintenance & VP of Business Development on estimating, presentations and pricing to win new business, through industry trade shows, client referrals, cold calls etc.
• Works with RVP, VP of Maintenance & VP of Business Development to strategize to win any lost bids. This includes gathering information on how other companies are performing this work.
• Maintain contact information in the company’s contact management system – currently ACT / Business Contact Manager
4. Financial and Accounting Related Responsibility 10%
• Responsible for project financial conditions as they contribute to company profitability, quality and customer satisfaction.
• Responsible for customer renewals goal of 95% or better.
• Assists RVP, VP of Maintenance in budget preparation and monitoring through Job Costing.
• Ensures all contracts are being executed correctly
• Responsible for controlling or reducing operating expenses.
• Responsible in equipment and vehicle maintenance on a proactive basis.
2 or 4 year Landscapes related degree, 2 or 4 year general degree with coursework in the landscape field or certification by a landscapes association; or equivalent industry experience, with or without a degree.
Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience in horticultural or related industry.
Performance Skills: Must be able to:
• Evaluates performance, makes salary recommendations, and administers disciplinary actions consistent with company policy.
• Manage multiple projects, deadlines and demands
• Resolve problems while keeping in mind the best interest of the company, customer, and employees
• Communicate clearly, comfortably, and effectively with customers, team members, and management.
• Prioritize and plan work to maximize efficiency
• Work with numbers well
• Complete paperwork accurately and timely
• Work with customers on Budgets for their property.
• Be familiar with relationship selling and negotiations.
• Do any of the following for an extended period of time:
o Sit at a desk
o Work on a computer
o Field work as directed
Proficient to use a variety of landscape equipment
Able to drive all company vehicles (CDL not mandatory, yet encouraged)
Proficient in various computer programs, including Excel, Word, Estimating, and Job Cost systems –
Computerized design CAD and photo image would be a plus.
Good knowledge of plant material, diseases, insect, chemical, spray, irrigation
Good working knowledge of math and business formulas, including gross margin
Some Spanish would be a plus
Become a Licensed Pesticide Applicator
Become a Certified Arborist through ISA
Encouraged to become a Certified Landscape Technician (Maintenance) through ILCA
Encouraged to become a Certified Landscape Professional
Reasoning Skills Multi-Tasking
Time Management Integrity and Respect