Position: Yard Manager – Northbrook Location
Position Summary: “To create, enhance and preserve our client’s landscape investments by providing professional services through highly qualified and dependable people.”
Purchasing/Yard Manager is responsible for all purchasing needs for Chicago Commercial division, all yard responsibilities as well as all vehicle and equipment responsibilities for the Chicago branch, while achieving revenue and profit Goals for the company.
1. Purchasing/Yard Management 75% of Time
• Responsible for all purchasing for Chicago Commercial Division.
• Meet or exceed purchasing budgets set on all pricing summary sheets.
• Responsible for all PO entries. Set up and maintenance of PO register.
• Responsible for review of all invoices prior to submitting to administration for processing.
• Responsible for opening and managing job codes.
• Responsible for communicating to account reps any material substitutions or changes.
• Responsible for coordinating job routing with Operations Manager.
• Responsible for negotiating all pricing and the development of relationships with all suppliers.
• Responsible for all yard maintenance which is to include receiving, sorting materials for deliveries, care of all material in yard, cleanliness, organization of yard, irrigation and watering.
• Responsible for hiring, discipline, training and developing yard employee.
• Same day reporting of all accidents and injuries.
• Performs snow removal and ice control during the snow season
• Perform other duties as requested by Moore.
2. Equipment Management 25%
• Review IDOT vehicle inspection forms daily; ensure all drivers are performing inspections
• Coordinate with Simon all truck/trailer repairs required
• Be vigilant of any truck/trailer damage and report immediately the incident to the appropriate supervisor in the city, Eric or Simon
• Coordinate the movement in the most efficient manner of any vehicle/equipment which needs to be transported between Northbrook and Chicago
• Assist in keeping the Master Vehicle Schedule current as to changes in drivers and equipment
• Assist Dennis in the inventory of small engine machines assigned to Chicago crews
• Other equipment matters which may not be listed above
Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience in horticultural or related industry.
Must be able to:
• Manage multiple projects, deadlines and demands
• Resolve problems while keeping in mind the best interest of the company, customer, and employees
• Communicate clearly, comfortably, and effectively with all customers, vendors, team members, and management.
• Prioritize and plan work to maximize efficiency
• Work with numbers well
• Complete paperwork accurately and timely
• Do any of the following for an extended period of time:
o Field work as directed
Proficient to use a variety of landscape equipment
Able to drive all company vehicles
Proficient in various computer programs, including Excel and Word
Good knowledge of plant material, diseases, insect, chemical, spray, irrigation
Reasoning Skills Multi-Tasking
Time Management Integrity and Respect